- population: «2137»
- population density: «125.5» per acre
- housing density: «39.9» per acre
- main use: residential
- platted: «1900»
- built up: «1920» – «1940»
- neighborhood: Coney Island
- primary: apartments above retail
- secondary: high-rise apartments
- tertiary: two to four flats
Jagged-tooth on Mermaid, housing project towers on Surf. Four large towers, about twenty stories. Also many vacant lots. Almost no buildings fronting on north-south streets. One row of two story historicized low income housing. Some retail on Mermaid.
Visited April 9, 2005.
|Black or African American||1208||59.7%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||26||1.3%|
|Hispanic or Latino||725||33.9%|