- population: «14621
- population density: «56.2» per acre
- housing density: «25.6» per acre
- main use: residential
- platted: «1960
- built up: «1962» – «1975»
- neighborhood: East New York
- primary: high-rise apartments
- secondary: commercial or retail
- tertiary: apartments above retail
Starrett City. Huge blockgroup of towers. How many? Many. Corbusier would be (relatively) proud. Towers are actually set in parks, not parking lots. (Dog walking and picnicking are not allowed, though). Buildings are 16-17 stories tall. Complex also has a shopping center, community college outlet, medical center, Jewish school, easy access to Shore Parkway.
Visited June 4, 2005.
|Black or African American||6533||47.0%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||53||0.4%|
|Hispanic or Latino||2690||18.4%|