- population: «4803»
- population density: «180.6» per acre
- housing density: «63.0» per acre
- main use: residential
- platted: «1839»
- built up: «1870» – «1944»
- neighborhood: Fort Greene
- primary: five story apartments
- secondary: single family attached
- tertiary: eight to ten story apartments
- quaternary: apartments above retail
Public housing and one block of private. Public is the Whitman Houses, built WW2 era. Six story and twelve story, take up three blocks. Irregularly shaped open space surrounds buildings. Retail on Myrtle. Private block has vacant lots, couple of solid six story apartments, two story wood frame cottages.
Visited April 6, 2005.
|Black or African American||3451||74.5%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||33||0.7%|
|Hispanic or Latino||1322||27.5%|